Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ACE'S ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME










Everyone has there own special taste in music and musicians and I am no different. Shannon thinks that for the most part I only like artists with screwed up voices. They aren't screwed up to me and they seem to me to be the best song writers. What if they tried to get their starts on American Idol and Simon told someone like Neil Young that he had no voice and he should be driving a fork lift. Most of the prolific songwriters say that they don't know where the songs come from, they just come to them. WOW, I am still waiting. Anyway, I have just created my own Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. These people are my favorites. They are the ones that I listen to most of the time. More will be added, and when I figure out how to put music on this blog I will post a sample of some of my favorite hits from these artists. These folks are songwriters and in my estimation the best of the best. Pete Townshend, Neil Young, Jimmy Buffett, Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Mark Knopfler, John Hiatt, Bruce Springsteen and Sheryl Crow

7 comments:

coco said...

amen.

Ellery said...

greg had tom petty on the tv 2 days ago and when he started singing indi looked up with a really funny face and said, "he has a WEIRD voice!" after the song got going she said, "this is a COOL song!" tom won her over.
great picks.
you should post some fav lyrics.

jerry said...

Tell Indi that Grandpa can't wait to hear her play on Tom Petty song on the old Daisy Rock

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

No comment!!!! ;)

jerry said...

You shouldn't comment, I really don't think that people will still be listening to Baby Boy Da Prince and Ol Dirty Bastard thirty years from now. But if they are I will put them on my list.

Larry said...

nice post Ace. How about a follow up with your favorite album of these artists? then we can agree or not

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

That's weird because Baby Boy Da Prince did a duet with Sheryl Crow!